American rapper, Cardi B put her breasts on display this
Prospective applicants can now start to apply for Australian Scholarship Awards 2020/2021. The Application portal for the Australian awards officially opens on 1st October 2019 and will close for masters awards come 6th December 2019 while applications for short courses will close on 17 January 2020.
The Australia Awards is the cornerstone of the Australian Government’s development assistance program for African countries.
The scholarship program provides access to postgraduate education, training and professional development opportunities for suitably qualified Africans from eligible countries. On their return to the workplace, Australia Awards alumni are expected to contribute to the development of their home countries.
The Australia Government sponsors a number of African students on annual basis to study in Australian Universities and some selected African Universities on fully funded scholarship award. Application for the 2020/2021 batch has commenced.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Australia Government.
Scholarships to be taken at: Australia Universities and top selected universities/institutions in Africa.
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships.
Scholarship level: Masters Degree Courses and Short Courses
Slots: 10,000 scholarships to be award
Scholarship Worth: Scholarships are usually fully funded covering cost of tuition, feeding and accommodation, airfares, books, research cost, internship and extra stipends for upkeep. Funding is usually to the tone of $50000 and above dependent on the proposed course of study.
Subject Eligibility: All subjects tenable in any of the selected institutions/university.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students from Africa
English Language Requirement: Not a necessary requirement, (except in the case where the applicant is not from an English speaking nation and/or has not been taught in English in their previous degree studies).
The Australian Awards Scholarships are awarded in two categories namely;
- Masters to undertake higher degree studies in Australia at Masters level. And
- Australia Awards Scholarships for Short Courses, to undertake short-term, targeted professional training courses, in Australia and/or in Africa, in a range of development-focused sectors.
Priority Fields: The follow fields of studies are focus field usually considered for the award. These may vary by countries.
- Agriculture/Food Security
- Public Policy (including public sector management, public sector reform, trade, international diplomacy)
- Environmental Management
- Natural Resource Management (including mining related subjects)
- Technical and Vocational Education & Training (available for Short Courses only)
- Energy (including Natural Gas and Oil Technology)
- Natural Resource Management
- Transport (including Ports, Roads and Airports Management)
Scholarship Award Eligibility Criteria:
Applicants applying for the Australia Awards Scholarships for Africans 2020-2021 (masters scholarship or short course award) must meet their country’s eligibility requirements. However, general eligibility conditions include the following ;
- Applicant must be citizen of an eligible African country
- Applicant must possess a minimum academic requirement: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Applicant must be a mid-level to senior-level professional, currently employed in a relevant field
- Applicant must meet relevant post-graduate work experience requirements
- Applicant must demonstrate a clear vision of how the knowledge gained through the scholarship will be used to improve policy, practice or reform in their home country
- Applicant must satisfy English Language proficiency to enable full participation in a training course delivered in English
- Applicant must satisfy all requirements of the Australian Government for the appropriate student visa (subclass 500).
Application Procedures for the Australia Awards Scholarships 2020-2021 – How-to Apply:
The application for the Australia Awards Scholarships 2020-2021 can be submitted online and done through the select country link.
Applications for the 2021 intake for Africa Australia Awards Masters Scholarships is open and will run through 1 October 2019 to 6 December 2019.
Applications for the 2020 Short Course Awards also opens on 1 October 2019 and closes on 17 January 2020.