The President’s Scholarship for International Students of the Southwestern University of Finance and Economics (hereinafter referred to as SWUFE) is set to enhance the friendship between the Chinese people and other people from all countries.
The scholarship Programe is designed to promote world-wide exchanges in economy and culture, encourage and help those international students who perform well, both morally and academically, and learn diligently to form a positive learning environment.
The Southwestern University of Finance and Economics (SWUFE) is a top university specialized in finance, economics, and business.
It is known for its entrepreurial character and unremitting endeavours to address the needs of the people and society through academics, research, and influence on alumni, drawn from the legacy of its founders and generations of excellent alumni.
SWUFE is located in Chengdu, the engine-city for the development of Western China and the fourth-largest aviation hub in China.
The Southwestern University of Finance and Economics (SWUFE)
Full Scholarships include tuition, accommodation on campus, living allowance, and international student comprehensive medical insurance. Details are as follows:
a) Tuition: Waived
b) Accommodation on campus: RMB 500-800/month (Different types of dormitory)
c) Living allowance: RMB 1200/month for bachelor students, RMB 1500/month for master students and RMB 1800/month for PhD students.
d) Medical insurance fee: Waived
B. Partial Scholarship only includes tuition.
Courses offered at the University
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport, be in good health, abide by the laws and regulations of the Chinese government and local governments, as well as the regulations of SWUFE.
2. Education background:
Applicants for bachelor degree studies must have a graduate certificate from high schools
Applicants for master’s degree studies must have a bachelor’s degree
Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have a master’s degree
3. Applicants must meet all requirements of the majors, including academic level, research ability, language level and others.
4. The maximum age of applicants is 30 years of age for a bachelor’s degree program, 35 years of age for a master’s degree program, and 40 years of age for a PhD program;
5. Applicants are not sponsored by any other type of scholarship.
IV. Minimum Language Requirement
1. Language of instruction in Chinese: HSK 4
2. Language of instruction in English: IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL 80
Duration of courses
Applicants shall all submit their online applications on http://admission.swufe.edu.cn/member/login.do before April 15th, 2018, and upload all documents required as below:
International Students Application Form of the President’s Scholarship of SWUFE
One passport photo, not older than 6 months
Highest educational degree or diploma certificate
Highest educational transcript
Copy of the first page of your passport
Two recommendation letters
The referee should be professor or associate professor or person with the relevant academic titles.
Copy of a language certificate
Medical Examination Report (not older than one year)
Other optional documents