This is an interdisciplinary doctoral programme offered in collaboration between ICTP, the University of Trieste and Italy’s National Institute of Oceanography and Applied Geophysics.
Up 10 fully funded PhD Scholarships are now available on offer for students from developing countries starting in June 2019.
For more than 50 years, the Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) has been a driving force behind global efforts to advance scientific expertise in the developing world.
In the field of earth sciences, the main objective is the transfer of knowledge on advanced methods of investigation with applications to the study of composition, structure, stratigraphy and evolution of our planet, from the close surface to the deep structures and the characteristics at a global scale.
- Applications close: September 14, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to pursue programme in Earth Science, Fluid Dynamics and Mathematics.
- ScholarshipAward: The scholarship amounts to 18.884,62 EUR per year and last for three years. The scholarship is increased by 50% for periods abroad up to one year.
- Nationality: Scholarships are available to students from developing countries.
- Number of Scholarships: This year, there are 10 fully funded three-year scholarships to support attendance.
- Scholarshipcan be taken in Italy
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available to students from developing countries:
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must hold one of the following qualifications:
- An Italian degree known as “Laurea specialistica/magistrale” or a degree awarded under the former university system (i.e. prior to D.M. no. 509 of 3rd November 1999, as amended by D.M. no. 270 of 22nd October 2004) – to be achieved within 31st October 2018;
- A foreign academic qualification comparable by duration, level and academic field to the required Italian degree – unless recognized as fully equivalent to the Italian degree by an authorized Italian Higher Education Institution – and achieved within 1st October 2018 (see art. 3.1). The qualification must allow access to Doctoral studies in the issuing country.
Some Doctoral Programmes may require specific academic qualifications. Please refer to the relevant “Admission” sheet for more information. Candidates holding a Doctoral degree cannot be admitted to the same PhD Programme.