Griffith University is a public research university in South East Queensland on the east coast of Australia. Formally founded in 1971, Griffith opened its doors in 1975, introducing Australia’s first degrees in environmental science and Asian studies.
Since they started teaching over 40 years ago, Griffith have been deeply connected to the Asian region, socially conscious and environmentally aware, an integral part of the community and heavily industry focused. They’ve also become a comprehensive, research-intensive university, ranking in the top 2% of universities worldwide.
Their teaching and research spans six campuses in South East Queensland and all disciplines, while their network of more than 200,000 graduates extends around the world.
If you do not have a Letter of Offer for your degree program, please see ‘How to apply’ for instructions on how to lodge an application for admission before lodging a scholarship application.
Worth of AwardScholarship covers 80% of tuition fees for the duration of an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree program.
- Be a citizen of a country other than Australia or New Zealand.
- Have a minimum GPA or equivalent in previous studies for undergraduate degree applicants. Postgraduate coursework applicants must have a minimum GPA in undergraduate studies of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or 5.5 on a 7.0 scale.
- Have applied and be eligible for admission, or be in receipt of a conditional or unconditional offer from the University, for entry into an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree by the scholarship closing date.
- Have satisfied all appropriate entry requirements for the proposed degree program, including results of previous study and English language proficiency as per Griffith University’s entry requirements.
- Be commencing and enrolling as a new a full-time student in a postgraduate coursework degree in Trimester 2 or 3 2019 at Griffith University.
Griffith University entry requirements apply.
Scholarship applies to undergraduate or postgraduate coursework tuition fees only.
The scholarship covers 80% of undergraduate or postgraduate coursework tuition fees only for the ‘Duration’ of the program. The course duration is defined as the ‘Program Length’ as stated in your Letter of Offer, less any credit received for previous study.
Each deduction will be applied by the census date of each relevant trimester of the program. Students must be enrolled full-time to receive the tuition fee reduction.
Students must remain enrolled in the program for which the scholarship offer was made, which is stated on the Letter of Offer issued from Griffith International Admissions.
- Should a student withdraw or cancel for any reason, the scholarship amount is non-refundable.
- Deferral of scholarships is not permitted.
- To maintain scholarship eligibility, students must pass all the requirements for each trimester of studies and successfully progress on to enrol in the next trimester. A minimum cumulative GPA of 5.5 on a 7.0 grading scale must be maintained to qualify for each tuition fee deduction.
- Scholarship numbers are limited. When the limit for scholarship acceptances has been reached, the Griffith International Scholarship office will advise applicants that all available scholarships have been awarded and the scholarships are withdrawn.
- Excludes online, non-award, research, offshore delivered programs, and students that defer commencement to 2020.
How to ApplyApplicants must provide and will be assessed by a University panel on:
- A completed scholarship application form by the published closing dates.
- Academic merit in prior studies. Applicants must provide a certified/attested true copy of supporting documentation demonstrating strong academic merit.
- Assessment of a Personal Statement that addresses why the applicant has applied for the scholarship, the selected program of study at Griffith University, and other information they feel strengthens their application for the scholarship. The Personal Statement should be between 250 and 500 words.
- Trimester 2 2019 – Applications close Friday, 17 May 2019 (for 8 July commencement). Outcome notified by 31 May.
- Trimester 3 2019 – Applications close Friday, 6 September 2019 (for 28 October commencement). Outcome notified by 20 September.