Scholarship applications are invited by University of Queensland Business School
The Skoll Scholarship is a competitive scholarship for incoming MBA students who pursue entrepreneurial solutions for urgent social and environmental challenges.
The Scholarship provides funding and exclusive opportunities to meet with world-renowned entrepreneurs, thought-leaders and investors. Once selected, these students are known as Skoll Skollars.
Application Deadline: 10th January 2020 (at the latest)
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): Said Business School, University of Oxford, UK
Subject Areas: MBA, Management Studies in Social Entrepreneurship
- All the candidates are required to take the GMAT test for entry to Oxford’s MBA programme.
- Candidates whose first language is not English or who have not studied at an English speaking University are required to take either the TOEFL or IELTS tests.
- Demonstrate evidence of need for financial support.
- By the time the candidates apply for the MBA, they must have spent preferably at least 3 years either:
- starting and growing a social venture;
- OR leading a major expansion of an existing social venture or programme within an organisation;
- OR pursuing positive change as an impact career professional, i.e. someone who has used entrepreneurial approaches to address the same social/environmental issue, with a clear core thread that unites his/her work.
- In each of these 3 cases, candidates should be able to describe the outcomes/impact that has been created as a result of their work.
What are the benefits?
- The Skoll Scholarship covers the full costs of tuition and college fees for the MBA programme at Saïd Business School, University of Oxford. The Scholarship also covers partial living expenses of at least an additional £14,777.
- In addition to financial support, the Scholarship provides access to the Skoll Scholar community, a group of leaders who are positively impacting the world through innovation and systems change, as well as exclusive opportunities to meet with world-renowned entrepreneurs, thought leaders, and investors.
- Duration: Scholarship will last for the duration of the program
How to Apply
- In order to apply for the Skoll Scholarship you first need to apply and be accepted onto the Saïd Business School’s MBA program. To be formally considered for a Skoll Scholarship, you need to state your interest in the “Scholarships” section of the MBA application form. Do this by checking the box next to “Skoll”.
- When your MBA application is submitted, the MBA admissions team will first assess your application to ensure that you meet the academic requirements sought by the school. If you are accepted onto the programme, you will be sent an essay question that needs to be completed.
- The Skoll Centre will then consider your candidacy for the scholarship. A final decision will be made after a phone interview.
NB: The Scholarship also covers partial living expenses of at least an additional £14,777.